- Our Team
- Experiential Learning
- Hit the Ground Running (HGR)
Service Learning Program
Missouri University of Science and Technology has implemented a campus-wide service learning program. The mission of the program makes reflective service learning an integral part of the education and life experiences of Missouri S&T students.
By developing a campus-wide service learning program, Missouri S&T has expanded service learning opportunities to a broader range of Missouri S&T students and enhanced Missouri S&T’s mission to be the premier source of leaders for today’s society.
- The service learning program is a significant benefit for both Missouri S&T students and the community.
- In addition to enhancing student learning, the service learning program helps the university build community partnerships and will provide our community partners with beneficial outcomes.
- The program encourages life-long civic participation, improves students’ skills in the work place and enhances personal and professional development.
- Service Learning is a term used here to describe a type of experiential learning where students engage in service to the community.
- Academic Service Learning is used here to describe a type of experiential learning where students in a course engage in service to the community; and the service activity enhances and relates to the course content. Academic service learning courses include reflective exercises through which students have the opportunity to describe what they learned from the service experience.
Service Learning Symposium
This event highlights service-learning partnerships and projects completed over the past academic year.
Service Learning Partners
Community partnerships serve as the foundation for Missouri S&T's Service Learning Program.